The Preschool director is responsible for the operation and instructional leadership at the preschool facility overseeing all staffing and program activities related to an efficient, quality, and safe Christian children’s early learning center. He/she hires, trains, and supervises staff, sets instructional objections, and works to build a rapport with staff, children, and parents.
• Coordinates daily operation of the Preschool and ensures appropriate staffing.
• Manages child enrollment files and oversees the enrollment procedure.
• Maintains a relationship with parents, including providing information about children and preschool activities and coordinating parent meetings. Deals proactively with problems, working to provide total customer satisfaction.
• Is responsible for record keeping including budget, books, payments, deposits, expenses, payroll, staff files, enrollment, meetings, and petty cash.
• Conducts tours of the facility, promotes the preschool, and services, acts as a liaison with cooperative agencies, professionals, and the community
• Recommends staff hires, mentors staff, coordinates staff training and orientation, and attends workshops as needed. Completes annual evaluations on all staff.
• Maintains the physical facility including its appearance, coordinates maintenance, supplies and cleanliness of the facility
• Documents all significant incident, reviews accident/incident reports for accuracy. Handles incidents in a professional, proactive way.
• Manages the preschool, working as a team member with all staff to ensure quality standards are met.
• Creates and Maintains a Parents Handbook
• Develop academic programs, select and oversee, curriculum and instructional resources for use in the classroom.
• Actively works with teachers to maintain curriculum standards, establish performance goals and objectives.
• Visits classrooms and observes teaching methods.
Knowledge and Special Skills:
• BS/BA or five or more years of experience in Childcare Management.
• Child Development associate Degree or equivalent, Director’s Credential.
• Current First Aide, Pediatric CPR and state required training.
If interested, please submit your resume with contact information to Harvester's Staff/Parish Relations Committee at email@example.com