Position: Director of Youth Ministry
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Grade: Part-time, hourly
Act as the leader and “face” of the Ministry with the Harvester congregation and within the community
Summary of Essential Position Functions:
· Minister to youth, families, and volunteers with a focus on Harvester’s Vision of inviting people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ
Specific Responsibilities may include, but are not necessarily limited to:
· Select curriculum, recruit, equip, empower, and oversee volunteers for Youth Ministry programs, including:
· Provide regular and effective communication regarding the Youth Ministry with parents, congregation, and the community using the youth information board in the hallway, take-home letters, Harvester website, worship service announcements, worship service bulletins, the WOW, the “Laker,” etc.
· Continue personal spiritual growth, maintain high energy and personal integrity, have good time management and interpersonal skills, and main good relations with all volunteers
· Maintain accurate attendance logs, coordinate the Youth calendar with the Church Calendar
· Select, acquire, and maintain supplies for all Youth Ministry programs and events
· Oversee Harvester’s compliance with the Child Protection Polity as required by the Florida Conference of the United Methodist Church; this will be done in conjunction with the Director of Children’s Ministry and includes: obtaining staff and volunteer applications, processing background checks, maintaining background records, and providing Child Protection Policy training to staff and volunteers
· Oversee all volunteer Youth workers
· Work as a team member by attending weekly staff meetings, monthly Church Council meetings, and quarterly parent meetings
· Work in cooperation with other church ministries regarding current programming and to plan future ministry space, programs, and outreach (i.e., additional worship services, building expansion, etc.)
· Establish and manage Youth Ministry budget in cooperation with the Finance Team, Church Council, and Senior Pastor
· Other duties as assigned
At a minimum, these job responsibilities will be reviewed annually. The Director of Youth Ministry will also participate in an annual review to assess current job performance, their sense of satisfaction in their position, and needs, plans and resources for ongoing professional and personal development. This review will be conducted with the Senior Pastor with the assistance of the Staff/Parish Relations Committee.
Any changes to essential job functions must be agreed to in writing by the Director of Children’s Ministry and the Family Ministries Pastor, and approved by the Staff/Parish Relations Committee.
If interested, please submit your resume with contact information to Harvester's Staff/Parish Relations Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org